Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 12, 2010

Our start to summer

Every year the first week out of school, Andy has to take his students to FFA camp at White Lake. We really enjoy this time because I also get to go and take the kids. It is always so much fun, although this year was the hottest one I ever remember! Good thing Katie and I get to stay in the lodge with the air conditioning!! Michael could stay with us too, but he prefers to stay with Andy in the cabin with all of the high school boys. For some reason, I really didn't take many pictures this time but here are a few of Michael pushing Katie around **yikes, near the lake!** which you can tell she loves!!
I had a really proud moment this year! Each meal, the school whose turn it is to set up chooses one student to ask the blessing. When it was Triton's turn, Michael said he would say it. I didn't know if he would go through with it or not, but when it came time, he stood up in front of 275+ high schools students and did it perfectly!!!
The day we left camp, instead of coming home, we went straight to our family's house in Cherry Grove, North Myrtle Beach. We are so blessed to have this house, which has been in our family for over 30 years. I grew up there, and now I get to take my children. While Michael is like a fish--cannot keep him out of the water--Katie was NOT a fan! She didn't like to touch the sand at all, and the waves were a little overwhelming. Oh well, maybe next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!